Friday, September 3, 2010

My heart beats......



I've noticed as i am getting older, these qualities or ways of mine are more profound.  In my early twenties, I ignored how I felt about situations and friendships because i wanted to belong to certain festivities, shall i say.  It seems i tend to live my life in a dyslexic fashion.  I have to experience what doesn't tickle my fancy in order to see what  floats my boat.  I no longer ignore my opinions and stay true to what surrounds me.  Life is amplified with satisfaction and disappointment is almost extinct.

On that note, i snipped a few paragraphs from Westwords interview with Vincent Gallo about his band RRIICCEE (circa 2007).  I love Gallo he is simply amazing.  And this interview was a pleasure to read.  Read the full interview here.  Enjoy!

"As you make your heart more open and you choose to connect with a different kind of energy. And you become more of the person you really are than the person you learn to be, and you’re not coming as much from fear and you’re just trying to connect with a more revolutionary vibration, then people, you start to notice them and connect with them in that way."

"You become what you invest in. Whatever you invest in becomes bigger. So if you invest in connecting in things that are coming from love and openness and you’re trying to transcend yourself, then that just becomes who you are, and more of who you are. If you’re connecting in your past and in darkness and compulsion or in fear, then that just becomes more of who you are at that time in your life. So I feel that this is what I deserve and the people that I work with and relate to. And this is what I’m comfortable with connecting with now, which are three other people I find really beautiful and really thoughtful and really open."

No comments:

Post a Comment