Thursday, June 14, 2018

The Flame Blew Out

5am Friday morning my alarm goes off. 
Hit the snooze, my screen opens up.
Only words I read are, 
in this order: 
Dead, 
Bourdain, 
61.
I whimper, 
"FUUUUCK!!!
He's dead!!
Anthony Bourdain is dead!!"
I stop breathing for a couple of seconds.
Why am I devastated over the death of someone whom I've never met?
 Crushed.Shook.
Still hurts today.
It has to be because this "person" plays a significant role in something you've been through. Although, Anthony Bourdain is not a song nor a band, he has influenced me tremendously. He's magical like music.
Mr. Bourdain was my Idol.  
My dream husband 
(and I'm not into the idea of marriage)
2012, I traveled alone to New York to visit and stay with my dear friend. I was invited to go to NYC for years.  But I was too scared, didn't want to leave my boyfriend (who was invited, but doesn't fly), did not want to leave my son, didn't know if I could afford it etc... The usual bullshit.
After watching an episode of "Parts Unknown" 
I said Fuck It!
I'll find a sitter, I'll penny pinch,
I'll let my boyfriend know he can come along, but I'm outta here.
Booked the flight in a month.
Best decision EVER!!!!
My dream has been to travel.
Because of Anthony Bourdain, I took the PLUNGE. 
You have to create your dream life.
You're the author of your autobiography.
The secret is, 
everything you want is within your grasp.
Grab Life By The Horns!!
† I still admire him. Regardless of his "Exit" †
Thank you Bourdain for being
consistently cool,
humble, 
honest, 
a true soul rebel, 
funny
and
inspiring to so many.
I'm going to miss you.
Rest in Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment